Yangon - Kyaikhtiyo –Bago -Yangon
(2 Days/ 1 Nights)
Starting from Yangon, this trip will take you to all the unique places Myanmar has to offer. You will discover the huge Golden Rock Pagoda in Mon State.
DAY 01.YANGON – KYAIKHTIYO (- /L / D)
You will head to KYAIKHTIYO Pagoda in MON state. On the way, you will visit the Allied War Cemetery near HTAUKKYANT. It is a beautiful, well maintained peaceful cemetery and the final resting place for over 27,000 Allied soldiers.
Proceed visiting to Kyaikhtiyo, located 160 KM from Yangon, and ‘Golden Rock’ is a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. Our first stop would be at KIN PUN base camp.
From there, you will go up a steep 11 km road in, typically crowded open air trucks take you to reach the upper place of Pagoda. The exciting heart pounding journey is expected to be about 45 minutes. The final ascend to the Golden Rock will be on foot (20 minutes of hiking).
Should you decide for a longer hiking journey, you can top to stop at the middle camp, Hermit Hill. From here it, will be 60 minutes of hiking. You have 2 options for accommodations (Mountain Top Hotel at the top of the hill, or Golden Rock Hotel in the middle camp or another at base camp, Kimpun).
From the mountain top, you will enjoy great views of the surrounding hills and a beautiful sunset. Then stroll around to the local restaurants and herbs stalls near the pagoda.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant en-route.
Dinner will be served and overnight stay in KYAIKHTIYO.
DAY 02. KYAIKHTIYO – BAGO – YANGON (B /L / D)
After breakfast, you will take the open truck and drive down to the base camp. Then, drive back (6 hrs) to Yangon and on the way, continue sightseeing in Bago, such as the Kanbawzathardi Palace, built by King Bayintnaung and also visit to see the Museum (closed on Mondays and Public holidays).
Enjoy you will have lunch in Bago.
Then, continue visiting to the Shwe Tha Lyaung, a giant reclining Buddha image and Kyaik Paw Law Pagoda famous for its living mole on the face of Buddha statue.
From there, proceed to visit the Shwe Maw Daw Pagoda which is 15 meters taller than Shwedagon Pagoda before transfer back to Yangon.
Dinner will be served at local restaurant and overnight stay in Yangon.
*** End of this Tour ***
OUR PACKAGE TOUR RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- All meals as specified in the program on table basis as (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours with English speaking throughout guide (from Yangon – Yangon) or English stationed guides as per program (other languages guide can be provided with additional charges)
- Maximum one Tour leader is free of charge in single room as of 15 full paying pax
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees or zone fees for visits mentioned in the program
- Open Air Truck rental in Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock)
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling at the hotel transfers
NOT INCLUDED ARE:
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee for Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for any tourists)
- International Airfare
- Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 12 o’clock noon
- Entrance fees for the sites not mentioned in the program
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Christmas and New Year’s dinner supplement (will be advised at time of booking)
- Services which are not mentioned above