Yangon – Heho – Inle Lake – Pa-O CBT Village - Inle Lake – Yangon
(7 Days/ 6 Nights)
This excursion does not only include main tour destination but also have an opportunity to explore a community-based tourism in Inle Lake, helping Pa-O ethnic villages to earn extra income and show tourists their peaceful way of life.
DAY 01. YANGON ARRIVAL ( – / L / D )
Upon arrival at the Yangon International Airport, you will be welcomed by Asia EZ Tour guide. You will be transfer to your hotel, for a chance to relax and refresh.
In the late afternoon, we begin our tour through Yangon city with a visit to one of the world’s most spectacular monuments; the 2,600 years old SHWEDAGONE PAGODA.
Once sunset arrives, glittering in the dark skyline, SHWEDAGONE PAGODA is indeed a sight to behold.
Lunch and dinner will be served at a local restaurant.
You will be overnight stay in Yangon.
DAY 02. YANGON – HEHO – PINDAYA – INLE LAKE (B /L / D)
After an early breakfast, transfer to the Yangon airport for domestic flight to Heho. In HEHO is a quiet transit hill town and the only airport link to the beautiful hills of Shan State.
Then we proceed to PINDAYA, but en-route, we stop at a local family work shop to learn how to make SHAN traditional umbrellas and paper from the fibres of the mulberry tree.
The drive to PINDAYA is a scenic one with many photo opportunities. Depending on arrival time in Pindaya, we can visit the great SHWE UMIN CAVE, a unique site housing thousands of Buddha statues, placed there by pilgrims over the centuries.
Then, we drive back to Nyaung Shwe, the Gateway to Inle Lake. Upon arrival at Nyaung Shwe Jetty, embark on the boat for an introduction to Inle Lake by our guide and check in for staying overnight at your hotel in Inle Lake.
Lunch will be served at local restaurant and Dinner will be served at your hotel in Inle Lake.
DAY 03. INLE – MINETHAUK – LWELEM – INNE CBT VILLAGE (B /L / D)
After breakfast at your hotel, pick you up at your respective hotel in Inle area to proceed by car via Taunggyi to Kakku pagoda complex (driving time about 2:30 hours).
On the way, we stop to visit Phyu Nge monastery (over 100 years old) and other Pa‐O villages. The Kakku pagoda complex is a hidden treasure with nearly 2500 Buddhist stupas lying in parallel rows in an area of about ones square kilometer. In Myanmar the Kakku pagodas are worshipped as an important site of pilgrimage.
Lunch will be served at Haling Koon Restaurant facing the Kakku Pagoda complex. After lunch, we will proceed by car to HtiNe (CBT project village) by passing through Saungphoe village.
After dinner, the villagers will entertain you by playing their traditional musical instruments and showing you their ways of dancing.
Distance = 90 km (car)
DAY 04. INNE CBT VILLAGE – THAPYAYKONE – NAUNG LAY – KONECHAN – ALEMYAUNG – INLE (B /L / D)
After breakfast, leave from the community house at 9:00 AM, walk through Hti‐Ne village and experience local handicraft while you go up to mellow village. Trek down the side of the mountain to Htithakaw village then continue to Moekaung village where we stop for lunch.
After lunch proceed to Magyikone boat jetty by passing through seasonal crop plantations, across a small bridge and some villages. Return to your hotel by boat.
Distance = 14 km, Walking Hour = 5hrs (approximate)
Trek condition = 30% down, 5% up & 65% flat
Dinner and overnight stay in Inle Lake.
DAY 05. INLE LAKE – COOKING CLASS (B /L / D)
After an early breakfast at your hotel, today we attend a COOKING CLASS in Nyaung Shwe. This half day activity is run by friendly locals in their simple SHAN style kitchen. You will be picked up from your hotel at 9am and brought to a local market where you will buy ingredients for the food you will prepare in the class. After shopping, head to kitchen and prepare a delicious local style lunch with the guidance of your cooking mentor. You can choose to cook a couple of dishes from a list of many. You will embark on this culinary journey with fellow travellers like yourself.
At 1:00 pm, after a delicious lunch which you cooked, you will transfer to Nyaung Shwe Jetty and continue to an excursion by boat on Inle Lake to capture the magnificent scenery.
PHAUNG DAW OO Pagoda, one of our stops, is the main sanctuary of INLE Lake. We can take a short walk to the many handicraft and textile stalls in the compound and a nearby boat house to see the royal barges used during the pagoda’s annual festival.
Other stops include NGA PHE CHAUNG MONASTERY, with a beautiful collection of ancient Buddha images and the weaving village of INPAWKHON. The workshops in INPAWKHON produce some fine shawls, scarves and longyi in silk, cotton and threads drawn from the stems of lotus plants.
Lunch will be served at local restaurant.
Dinner and overnight stay in Inle Lake.
DAY 06. INLE – HEHO – YANGON FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING (B /L / D)
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the airport for domestic flight back to Yangon. Upon arrival, we spend the day visiting Yangon. Visit to the SULE PAGODA, a pagoda in the middle of the central business district, and CHAUK HTET GYI Pagoda, famous for housing an enormous 65 meter long reclining Buddha statue.
After lunch, proceed visiting to BOGYOKE AUNG SAN MARKET known as Scott Market (closed on Mondays and Public holidays). A must visit for tourist, here you can see rows of stalls selling hundreds of gemstone, handicrafts, art, clothes and food stores.
In the evening, we stop by KARAWEIK HALL, a unique golden barge on KANDAWGYI (Royal Lake). It is a perfect place of taking photos and a good view of Shwedagon Pagoda.
Dinner with cultural show will be served at Karaweik Hall Restaurant. Transfer back to hotel.
Overnight stay in Yangon.
DAY 07. DEPARTURE YANGON ( B / – / – )
After breakfast, you can enjoy some free and easy time until the time of your departure for the Yangon International Airport.
Lunch will be on your own account.
*** End of this Tour ***
OUR PACKAGE TOUR RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- All meals as specified in the program on table basis as (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours with English speaking throughout guide (from Yangon – Yangon) or English stationed guides as per program (other languages guide can be provided with additional charges)
- Maximum one Tour leader is free of charge in single room as of 15 full paying pax
- All transfers and excursions with private air-conditioned vehicles
- All transfers excursions in Yangon with private air-conditioned vehicles
- Licensed English speaking trekking guide while trekking
- Helper as mentioned in the respective tour package
- All transportation mentioned in the respective tour package
- Amenities (Towels, Bathroom Slippers, Soap and shower gel)
- Village fund in CBT-project villages
- Drinking water (2 bottles of 1 litter & 2 snow towel per day)
- Service charges in CBT-villages (no service charges in other villages)
- Culture show in selected villages (for details see the respective tour description)
- All rates shown with the tour packages include 5% Commercial tax
- Delicious home cooked meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) at CBT villages
- Housekeeping service is only provided before check-in and after check-out and will not be carried out mid-stay.
- Village walk and farm visits
- Cooking class activities at Inle
- helpers are provided only for 3 pax and more (1 helper per 3 pax)
- 1 session of culture show is provided for 3 pax and above only.
NOT INCLUDED ARE:
- Domestic Flight Fares (Yangon – Heho – Yangon)
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee for Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for any tourists)
- International Airfare
- Entrance fees for the sites not mentioned in the program
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Luggage transport along the trekking tour
- Services which are not mentioned above