Yangon – Dala – Twante (Kyaiktalae CBT Village) – Yangon
(7 Days/ 6 Nights)
This excursion is a community-based tour, helping villages to earn extra income and show tourists their peaceful way of life.
DAY 01. YANGON ARRIVAL – DALA – KYAIKTALAE CBT VILLAGE ( – / L / D )
Upon your arrival at the Yangon International Airport, you will be welcomed by Asia EZ Tour guide and drive through Yangon. Then we continue down to the Pansodan Jetty and take a ferry across Yangon River to the little town of DALA.
DALA is lying on the opposite bank from Yangon downtown. Where you will have an opportunity to observe the daily activities of the local’s people and get a feel for the authentic rural lifestyle of Myanmar.
A visit to DALA is perfect for those who want to take a quick look at simple Burmese village life and need a change of scenery from Myanmar’s touristy spots. In the afternoon we will break for a lunch at a nice roadside shop before heading to CBT village at TWANTE in the afternoon.
On arrival into to KYAIKTHALE CBT village in TWANTE, guests will receive a warm welcome at the community lodge. A talk will then be provided by the community leader to explain more about the village and the people the project currently supports. This will be followed by an exploration of the village. This will be a great opportunity to learn about the local industry, including bamboo basket weaving and sewing. Dinner will be provided at the community lodge.
Dinner will be served at a community lodge and you will be staying overnight in KYAIKTHALE community lodge in TWANTE.
DAY 02. KYAIKTHALE COMMUNITY LODGE (B /L / D)
After breakfast at community lodge, you will start the day with by making a food offering to the local monks as they go about collecting their alms. After carrying out your day’s “good deed”, we will then return to the Community Lodge for breakfast. Shortly after, we will explore the fields of the local farming community to learn about the creation of natural fertilizer, the cultivation of crops and poultry farming. Assuming you’ve worked up an appetite, we will then enjoy a Myanmar cooking class, using some of the produce sourced from the field. For those we do not wish to join this or have not worked up an appetite, it will be possible to take part in a tree planting initiative. Lunch will be served at the village.
After lunch, you can drive to the PHAYARGYI, where it will be possible to learn about traditional pottery making techniques at the long village’s 15th-century kiln site.
Following dinner this evening, guests will enjoy a culture show included traditional dance acts such as U Shwe Yoe & Daw Moe.
DAY 03. KYAIKTHALE COMMUNITY LODGE – YANGON ( B /L / – )
After breakfast, visit the Mingalar monastic school to greet the children that study and reside there. During your visit, it will be possible for you to hand over the vegetables sourced from the bio-garden to make sure they enjoy a nutritious meal. After lunch, you may wish to visit the MAUNG TEE ZAYDI built by King Anawrahta, one of Myanmar’s most famous and popular rulers. En route to Yangon, it is recommended that you stop at BAUNG TAW CHOTE Pagoda and TWANTE pottery village.
Your guide and car will remain at your disposal until pick you up to the Yangon International airport for your departure flight.
*** End of this Tour ***
OUR PACKAGE TOUR RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF:
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast in CBT village
- All meals as specified in the program on table basis as (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours with English speaking guides as per program (other languages guide can be provided with additional charges)
- Maximum one Tour Leader is free of charge as of 15 full paying pax
- All transfers excursions in Yangon with private air-conditioned vehicles and included trishaw in DALA and Bicycle in CBT
- Bicycles must be returned in full working condition as before rental to the lodge.
- Facilities at the community lodge include a heated shower and electric fans.
- Breakfast is local breakfast including bread and butter, coffee and tea.
- A glass jar of drinking water provided per room per day.
- Housekeeping service is only provided before check-in and after check-out and will not be carried out mid-stay.
- Self-service laundry is possible using the on-site washing machine
- Hair-dryer is provided in each room.
- Each lodge has emergency light and four torch lights.
NOT INCLUDED ARE:
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee for Myanmar (note that pre-arranged visa is required for any tourists)
- International Airfare
- Entrance fees for the sites not mentioned in the program
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- International airport tax in Yangon (if any)
- Services which are not mentioned above